Communities In Schools of Wake County (CIS Wake) helps schools remove the barriers that put students at risk of wasting their potential.
We surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
We provide individualized case management that tracks and increases student performance in attendance, behavior, and course work.
We ensure that every one of our students receives:
1. A one-on-one relationship with a caring adult (academic coaches, mentors, volunteers, tutors)
2. A safe place to learn and grow (in-school and after-school tutorial programs)
3. A healthy start and a healthy future (proper nutrition and positive reinforcement)
4. A chance to give back to peers and the community (community service opportunities)
5. A marketable skill to use upon graduation (professional and leadership development).